Grabbing the Magic 8-Ball that is the Internet and shaking it back and forth vigorously, I predict that the following costumes will be popular this Halloween:
- The ever-popular zombies and pirates with continue their reign of the terror with the zombies once more edging out all comers.
- Despicable Me minions will be everywhere. Can never have enough minions, after all.
- Superheroes will be everywhere especially with the release of Thor 2: The Dark World (tag: It’s Hammer Time”) in the offing.
- Game of Thrones has earned the ultimate accolade from the costuming industry–a bunch of knock off costumes based on Daenarys and Rob/Eddard Stark by the looks of things.
- Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby movie will inspire many Roaring 1920s costumes.